The following information is taken directly from the Wolverhampton City Council website:
How do I apply for a place?
The easiest way to apply for a school place is by using the authority online application system, but before you make your application there are some key points to consider.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my child have a Statement of Special Educational Needs? (If the answer is yes then you will apply for a place through the Special Educational Needs Team rather than through School Admissions) .
- Do I know where the school is situated and can my child get there without too much difficulty? View Information on Travel Assistance
- Have I visited the school(s) to see for myself the facilities they have to offer?
- Open Days:
- Friday 30 September 9:30am to 12noon
- Tuesday 4 October 9:30am to 12noon
- Saturday 8 October 10am to 12noon
- Tuesday 11 October 9:30am to 12noon
- Tuesday 18 October 9:30am to 12noon
- Open Evenings:
- Thursday 29 September 5pm to 8pm
- Open Days:
- Have I obtained all the relevant forms/information for my preferred schools? Some schools in Wolverhampton require additional forms to be completed. View Admissions Information
- Do any of my preferred schools have a history of over-subscription (more applications than there are places available)? If so, how is my application likely to meet the criteria used for the allocation of places? View the Secondary Education Booklet
- Does everyone with parental responsibility for the child agree with (i) the preferred school(s); and (ii) the order in which they are being presented?
- Have I sought independent advice from the School Choice Adviser?
- Do I need to seek clarification of any points before I submit my application?
- What is the deadline for applications? 31st October.